Pages

April 30, 2014

A LITTLE BIT OF MY SOUL

Here's a post filled with some of my wisdom. I thought I'd put it on my blog because I'm overwhelmed with emotions, I need to journal, and I can type a lot faster than I can write.

It's almost been a year since Greg and I were wed. To say it's been strenuous is an understatement. Poor G has had to put up with my insecurities and crying and irrational worries all while working two jobs and earning two degrees in molecular biology and biochemistry scientificary what-not (that was meant to be funny. I know what he studied). I've spent so much time worrying about our future and criticizing G's differences that those simple, bright everyday moments get pushed to aside for my "more important" concerns.

Marriage is not simply the next step in a relationship. It's not just some fun opportunity to use your Pinterest ideas. It's not a way for you to fill a void because it seems like a nice idea. It's not something that anyone should take lightly. I've been thinking about this past year and I am filled with regrets. Why? For the past 11 months, I've made every little thing about me. My sweet husband? He's made everything about me, too. I didn't realize how much I've been taking and taking and the ironic thing is that is hasn't been fulfilling for me at all, let alone for our relationship.

We are a team. Plain and simple.

I am completely committed to this man and in return, he commits everything to me. Do you actually realize how serious that is? I'm pretty sure I don't realize how serious that is, but I'm here, with G, trying every single day.

We argue and we miscommunicate and I cry. We get irritated with each other and shut each other out. We grow and learn and love and laugh and play and cook and kiss. We keep going because we are each here for the other person. That, I have finally realized.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and thoughts Stephanie. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Stephanie. I can definitely relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wisdom, Steph. I think being a team is something we could all do a little better at.

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved