Pages

January 04, 2017

LAYLA: 5 MONTHS

I am kicking myself for not blogging L's other month-updates, but I'll just tell myself "Better late than never!"

Today, Layla is FIVE MONTHS OLD. I know it's cliche, but I honestly don't know where the time has gone. I'm finally feeling like my old self again, although that may never be a possibility and I'm okay with that. I am forever changed by motherhood.

My cute New Year's Eve date!

Layla is growing like a WEED. At her four month check-up, Layla made a huge jump to the "normal" growth chart and although she's a teeny-tiny "normal" baby, we are so proud of how hard she has worked to catch up. The visual of her growth is crazy to see the leaps and bounds she has made over the last several weeks. She blew right through her 3-6 month clothes and is already needing some longer clothes. At <10 percentile for weight and 25 percentile for height, our little string-bean is growing well! I keep telling her to stop growing. Then I tell her to keep working hard. That's got to be confusing to her.



Some recent milestones and exciting moments for our girl include...

- Flying to Utah to meet her cousins and aunts and uncles. Layla did so well on both flights and one of our seat-mates kept calling Layla, "dreamy." That's my new favorite adjective to describe her: she truly is DrEaMy.

- Rolling from tummy to back

- Jabbering, yelling and growling; the sweetest humming while mom sings lullabies

- Eating oatmeal cereal and loving it!

- Noticing and studying everything

- Getting sick for the first time (although short-lived!)

- Grabbing and pulling everything to her mouth. Layla loves grabbing her cheeks (think Kevin on Home Alone) and she loves trying to grab mom's nose and pulling it to her mouth


Because I couldn't decide which pose to post, I am including tons of pictures from out 5-month shoot!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved