Pages

December 31, 2016

TWENTY-SIXTEEN: YEAR IN REVIEW

I remember hoping last New Year's Eve that 2016 would be the year G and I had a baby, and boy, did we have a baby! This year has been full of ups and downs, but ultimately I am left at the end of the year counting the numerous blessings that have been given to my little family. I am the luckiest.



Clearly, L stole the show in 2016 and she is our entire world. I had to wrack my brain for moments that didn't pertain to our sweet girl and I did come up with a couple. Without further ado, in chronological order, these are my top 10 moments from 2016:

10. Learning we were pregnant!

9. Road-tripping through Texas with my love and my new little side-kick in my belly. We visited San Antonio, Corpus Christi and Rockport Beach.



8. Discovering that our little peanut was indeed a SHE!

7. Moving our TV from our living room to our bedroom during my 2nd trimester. Seriously, my pregnancy was ROUGH and being able to stay in bed all day watching dumb shows was GLORIOUS.



6. After several days of worry and uncertainty, I delivered our sweet girl at 34 weeks. The BEST MOMENT OF 2016 was hearing her gurgle and sputter out the sweetest, yet most powerful cry. In that moment I knew we were all okay.



5. Having my father fly in to Texas moments after I delivered his granddaughter. Living out-of-state has had it's challenges, but I am so blessed that my parents were able to make it.

4. Bringing Layla home from the NICU!!!!!!

3. Seeing my and Greg's parents hold Layla for the first time.

2. Starting my new teaching job online.

1. Gushing over my daughter with the love of my life. We adore her and honestly don't know what our life was like before she came along. Greg and I will look at pictures of her after she has gone to bed because we miss her so much. She is pure joy and has been sent to teach me how to better.




I cannot wait to embark on 2017 with Greg and Layla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved