Pages

August 18, 2016

Update on Layla 8/17 & 8/18

Layla's home!!! The past 19 days have been the worst days of my life, but they have concluded with the best day of my life: bringing our sweet Layla home. My heart goes out to all the families who have to keep their baby in the NICU for any amount of time, but especially those who wait for weeks, even months. 

Greg and I got the call yesterday morning (Wednesday) that we were going to room-in with Layla last night! We got to have her in a room just as we would have had she not had to go to NICU after she was born. I was so elated to have her all to myself that I really didn't sleep...  Whenever she fell asleep after eating, I'd just stare at her or snuggle her. Everyone says to sleep when your baby sleeps but I just can't! 



It's crazy to me that just a few days ago she was struggling to eat her required amounts and NOW she's eating like a champ. It's like one day she just decided she was ready.

This morning Layla had a visit from her Neonatologist and was ready for discharge by 11 AM! We had fun dressing her up in the going home outfit I had picked out for a full-term baby... It was a little big. A LOT big. Her bow looks gianormous, too. We just love our little nugget! 


It simply feels right to have her in her home. 



 
This mama is taking doctor's recommendations seriously: little Layla still has lots of growing to do and needs all the rest she can get. For the next few weeks, mommy and daddy are asking visitors to wait. We want everyone to meet Layla because we think she's the best๐Ÿ’๐Ÿผ, but we want to keep her tiny body rested and healthy! We'll reach out to you when we feel comfortable showing her off. #helicoptermom

Thank you for all your prayers and support, we are beyond grateful for the wonderful people who love Layla and her parents.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray!!!!! I've been reloading your blog every few hours hoping for this kind of exciting news! So happy for your family to get to finally be home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love the pictures! She just snuggles so perfectly with you. so glad you can finally relax with your baby in your arms and begin your life together!

      Delete
  2. Oh she is is just too much!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜honestly cutest little girl ever, and I love her bow too! So happy she is home with you both. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved