Pages

August 17, 2016

Update on Layla 8/16

Wednesday makes Layla 2-weeks old and I can't believe all she's overcome in such a short amount of time. I feel so blessed for her to receive the care she is getting and even though it's torture not having my baby at home, I truly do know she is in good hands. 

Today Layla has lots and lots of great news. It makes me nervous to share only because I worry that whoever the doctor is tomorrow might have a different opinion or she might get tired and eat a little less than usual... I've never felt more nervous in my life! 

While I was getting ready to head into the hospital this morning (Tuesday), her doctor called and said Layla has been taking her bottles so well and showing a lot of success while breast feeding. Because her eating is so great... They took out her NG tube!!! That little face is so darn cute with or without the tube, but it was nice to see her without it taped across her cheek! 



Layla also hasn't needed her lights for Jaundice so *knock-on-wood* I think we can check that off her list of goals to accomplish in the NICU! 

When I arrived at the hospital today, Little Miss had gained 2 grams... Not as much as we'd like to see but again, still trending up in her weight! All day she ate well with me and even nursed for 30 minutes!!! (She was pretty sleepy for the last 10 minutes) I am so proud of our little girl. 

Tonight, after I fed Layla and said goodbye, daddy got to watch her complete her car seat test! We keep calling it the "car-seat challenge" because it sounds like game. She sat in her car seat (mostly slept) for 90 minutes while all her vitals were monitored. If anything stands out during that time (sleep apnea, decreased oxygen, significant change in heart-rate) then she has to wait THREE DAYS  in the NICU and take it again; BUT, Layla PASSED!!! This is an important step before doctors will let us "room-in" with L at the hospital. If all goes well tomorrow, it's a possibility that we get to stay the night with our baby in our own room in the hospital and see how she does before SENDING HER HOME. Send prayers her way in hopes that she keeps up all her good work tomorrow!

"Next up for the Car Seat Challenge... Layla Johnson!"

We're ready for you to come home, baby girl!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved