Pages

December 26, 2012

A RING...I DON'T MEAN ON THE PHONE.

Greg has been the most wonderful blessing in my life, and he has patiently waited by my side and supported me through one stressful semester.  He held me over and over again while I cried because I wasn't getting any clarification about our relationship-- I didn't feel wrong about dating him at times, but other times it just didn't seem right. At one point, I asked Greg to give me some time to think about things because I just didn't know if getting more serious with him was the right thing to do.  My heart was in several places-- for months.

"Take all the time you need, you're worth the wait." 

I know that most guys would have given up on an emotional wreck like myself, and most guys would not have been around nearly as long as Greg has been. 

Greg's not most guys

He's gentle and kind.  He is polite and sweet.  He makes me laugh and is one dang good kisser;) He is dedicated to his family, his schooling and hard work.  He never criticizes anything about me or anyone. He drives me to 7-11 at 1:00 AM to get Slurpees after I finish stressful assignments.  He never talks about how pretty certain celebrities are and he makes me feel flawless.  He is incredibly supportive of whatever I take on.  He stares at me like I'm the most wonderful thing he's ever seen.  He spoils me with fun dates and copious amounts of time together.  He does that thing where he brushes my hair behind my ear and slowly pulls me in for a comforting kiss.  He treats me the way everyone woman deserves to be treated.  He's one of the good ones.  He brings me so much peace, happiness, and security.

And all that doesn't even begin to describe why I said yes on Christmas morning when he popped the question of all questions. 

A month or so ago, it just hit me. Everyone always says, "when you know, you know," and I know.  I have never felt so much peace and happiness in my entire life...it's overwhelming how much love I feel for him. Everything makes sense. 

On Christmas morning, Greg joined my parents, little sis, and myself for opening presents. After everything was unwrapped, Greg pointed out that I had one last present under our tree... 



Sorry the video is a tad poor in the quality department...I'm not THAT tech savvy;)  Enlarge it so it's not distorted.

10 comments:

  1. I hate you, you made me cry. So cute and sweet (,:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so sweet! My sister and I were dying!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph! This brought me to tears. I am so BEYOND excited and happy for you. I love you so much! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, perfect. I love this new blog and I am SO incredibly excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, congrats!! I am so happy for you:) You guys are adorable!

    I am so glad you stopped by my blog, so i was able to find yours! I love it and am your newest follower!

    <3
    Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable and so exciting, congrats!!! I'm your newest follower, so happy to have stumbled upon your blog!

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thanks for making me CRY!!!! haha CONGRATS :) This is one of the most special times of your life!! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet! Congrats! Also what song did you use in the video??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, it's Andrew Belle, Oh My Stars. One of my favorites! Definitely dancing to it at my wedding.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations again, Stephanie. I'm excited to have you as a cousin! You are such a star. You shine very bright. You and Greg help each other shine even brighter. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved