Pages

December 20, 2012

BORROWED

A post from the past.  I borrowed this from over yonder.

I started my old blog when I graduated High School, (nearly 4 years ago!) like a lot of girlies do.  It's some sign of growing up or something-- getting a blog. A few of you have read about my heartbreaks, my trials, my adventures, my dabblings in pageantry, my attempts at cooking, etc. etc. and I thank everyone who has spent time reading my ramblings.  I have neglected blogging for several months, and I have made a promise to myself that I will post at least 3 times a week.  Want to read along?  Great, you are more than welcome to join me [insert cliche saying here] on this thing we call life.

When I graduated High School I had my heart broken and was about to start an entirely new chapter of my life. My university experience has been full of everything typical-- crappy professors, life changing professors, lots of dates, lots of mistakes, pounds lost, pounds gained, more pounds gained and a few lost. I've changed my major from Interior Design to History teaching, to English teaching, to Elementary Education. Phew! I've cried a lot, prayed even more, lost friends, and met influential people who will be friends of mine for the rest of my life. The last several years have pummeled me into the ground over and over again, but yet, I'm still standing. 

Everyone's trials and difficulties are their own, but I have learned one valuable lesson that I wish everyone would remember when life gets icky: "everything always works out, because beautiful things are going to happen for me."   

Beautiful things do happen, every single day.  Are you noticing them? That's okay, sometimes I forget, too.  I can look back over the last several years and think about the times I've lost and all the tears I've cried and who made those tears fall.  I can think about all the things I wish I would have done differently or things I should have said (or not said), but that doesn't get me anywhere. 

Instead, right now, in this moment, I'm thinking about those cute little classes on my adorable niece's face. I'm thinking about the people who have stood by me all along the way.  I'm thinking about my cute mom and dad who set incredible examples for me and help me achieve my dreams.  I'm thinking about the lessons I've learned about others in my life. I'm thinking about how my nephew sweet all me "Snephy."  I'm thinking about how much I love my major, and where I'm at right now.  I'm thinking about the strawberries waiting for me on my kitchen counter. 

While the last semester has been extremely trying, I'm marching forward into my final semester before student teaching with confidence and peace.  Beautiful things are going to happen for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved