Pages

December 26, 2012

LOVE BIO

My heart is full of so many incredible emotions at this moment; I'm not sure I will be able to finish this post and/or have it make any sense at all.  I seriously think I'm a tad high from happiness and exhaustion. I have been visiting with family and talking and smiling and rejoicing all day. I hope your Christmas was wonderful.

Mine was absolutely perfect:


The last gift I unwrapped this early Christmas morn, 
was knowing he wants to be with me just as much as I want to be with him...forever.

I'll post tomorrow about how adorable his proposal was, but for now, I wanted to talk about us.  I've got this cute, too-good-for-me, smart, dedicated gentleman who has completely swept me off my feet and patiently waited while I made up my mind. Greg. My fiance. 

My fiance. I get to call him that now. *Squeel*

Greg and I met about 3 years ago.  I was a Freshmen in college and he had just returned from serving an LDS mission in France.  I just ended a brief fling with this guy that I tried too hard to impress, and who ended up being less than outstanding. Less-than-outstanding's friend had been working with me in a class, and he wanted to set me up on a blind date with his roommate, Greg. Follow all that?

I knew from the minute I met Greg, that our date was going to be a lot of fun-- and it was.  He makes me laugh all the time.  We laughed about these over-sized pickles (have you seen those??) sold at the counter of DVD rental places, spent way too long selecting where to eat and what to movie to rent.   We played, we laughed, I thought his personality and his curly hair were utterly adorable, and we went out a time or two more....

But it fizzled.

He had to have lost interest in myself, and I truly fell in love with someone else. We never really talked again. He pretty much never crossed my mind.

In August, 2011 of my junior year, I moved into a new apartment and found out that I knew the boys moving in upstairs. Mr. Greg Johnson was living above me and I wasn't even sure if he remembered me. I had just said goodbye to someone I cared about very deeply, and plus, Greg had a girlfriend.  But, luckily for me, by the following Spring semester Greg was single.

I wish I could say we dated and had this incredible experience and that he brought up the discussion of marriage and I immediately said yes and he got me a ring.

We did date and we have had incredible experiences, but there were a few hiccups along the way.

Drool over my ring {as I do}, and I will post more later...


4 comments:

  1. SUCH a gorgeous ring! Congrats on the engagement :) and I like the new blog. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you, too! Thank you for coming over to my new blog:)

      Delete
  2. LOVE the ring! I am a little bit jealous.

    AND I am so happy for you. I am jumping over from your other blog and have missed your posts!

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by my new blog! I am excited to be blogging again:)

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved