Pages

January 18, 2013

MY FIANCE & ME: PART I

I want to do what a lot of excited love-sick puppies when they're betrothed, dating, or married: tell you our story.  I love this man of mine, and it hasn't been an easy road.  Sometimes I worry Greg will realize how incredible he is and that he'll second-guess his choosing me.  I hope he doesn't;) Anyway, here's the beginning:

My freshman year at Utah State University was an interesting one.  I had a really tough time getting adjusted to living with different personalities, being away from home (as independent as I felt, it was just strange).  In high school, I had a boyfriend, great friends, I was in student government and thought I was on top of the world, but before I started university all of that ended.  As pathetic as this sounds, it's true: I felt completely lost and as if I had no purpose or focus.  In fact, as I type this, I can't believe how much I have changed.  I'm feeling grateful for that lost-little-freshman because if not for her, I wouldn't have me.

Or, Greg.

During my freshman year I spent too much time with a guy.... who I will call Bob.  Bob wasn't anything special. He was good looking and rude.  After Bob and I finally stopped seeing each other, Bob's friend Peter and I decided to set each other up on blind dates.

Enter Greg.

Peter's roommate was my date, and my roommate was Peter's date.  Greg was cute when I first met him.  He had just returned from serving a two-year mission in France, and was incredibly nervous.  He made me laugh and smile... I have to admit that I really liked him on our blind date.  He was awkward. I was awkward. See for yourself... & check out his hair!


Please disregard my holey jeans, my incessant laughing, and some gibberish I frequently say. 
I also laugh too much when I'm nervous. Yikes. 

Unfortunately, Greg and I only went out a couple more times after this before I was swept off my feet by someone else.

I am so grateful for that blind date three years ago, because he eventually came waltzing back into my life causing quite a commotion; to be continued.





2 comments:

  1. aw i love love stories! i cant wait to hear more!

    <3
    Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love the Look! :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved