Pages

March 24, 2013

WHAT I WON'T MISS

Today was a pretty lazy Sunday, but fulfilling. Fulfilling because I wrote some thank you notes, grilled-up some apple-cinnamon French toast, took a nap, and kissed this boy a lot:

  Look at him study his little heart out.

As I sit over here next to Mr. Genius, I can't believe that in sixty days (60 guys, SIXTY!!!) I get to marry him.  In 60 days I get to have the best roommate one could ever ask for. In 60 days we get to have our own place. OURS. 

There are quite a few things I'm looking forward to when I move into OUR place, but these are things I won't miss.

I won't miss hair from girls in the shower drain. After four years of pleading, people just don't get it. Grab some TP, wipe, throw-away. End of story. 

I certainly won't miss dried pancake batter on my electric burners and counters. 

I won't miss raw beef or chicken slapped straight onto the microwave plate.

NEVER will I miss walking into the bathroom after someone has showered without creating a seal with the shower curtain. Can you say "flood?"

I won't miss the battle of those mystery dishes. They aren't mine, but they have been there for days and I hate them sitting there. Should I just do them? No, they'll never learn. Just do them! They aren't mine.

I won't miss living under those party-every-Monday neighbors.

Can't say that I'll miss that hair all over the sink, either. 

I won't miss battling for some alone time to just chat and unwind with my sweetheart.  

*     *     *     *     *

I'm sure in time living with a man will have it's downs, but I'm pretty stoked.  If anyone has advice for living with one, I'll take whatever you've got.

2 comments:

  1. aw, not too long at all! you must be so excited!
    especially to have the best roomate ever!

    <3
    Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was Spencer W. Kimball that said, "look at him with your eyes wide open during courtship...after your marriage, with your eyes half shut"

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved