Pages

July 22, 2013

A LITTLE PREFACE

I find myself perusing through blogs of these young, thin, and beautiful women who seem to rub it in my face that they wear $1000 pumps and carry a handbag that would cost me two month's rent. I envy their newly remodeled homes and wish that I had the time and money to travel the world and update my million-dollar closet. I browse through some fitness blogs packed full of countless marathons and hikes and eating challenges these women are taking on, and I let myself become covetous. I can spend hours looking at photography blogs or cooking blogs and wish I could be someone I'm not. I tear myself down and compare everything they have to everything I lack. There are so many talented people out there and I've got to stop thinking I'll never measure up.

I have a feeling I'm not alone in my thoughts.

via
I want this blog to be a place for people to read about my newlywed-student life and somehow connect to the experiences I'm going through. There's actually quite a bit of joy in this nearly-broke, far-from-designer home of mine, and I want to blog about it. I'd love to blog about ridiculously fabulous and expensive outfits that I can no way afford, but that's just not in the cards for me.

I want to blog about all the amazing things I've been cooking and share some lessons I've been learning about being a married woman because believe me...I've been learning a lot. I chose the word "amateur" because that's what I am.

Definition of AMATEUR
1
2
: one who engages in a pursuit, study, science, or sport as a pastime rather than as a profession
3
: one lacking in experience and competence in an art or science

I chose the word "kitchen" because I always grew up with wonderful memories in my mother's kitchen. Making candy, helping prepare dinner, playing with play-dough, scrap-booking, giving makeovers, etc. A kitchen is the heart of the home and currently the heart of my little cinder-block, student-apartment of a home.

Come back and laugh with me (or at me) as I blog about my attempts at cooking, shopping, decorating and enjoying everyday moments.

4 comments:

  1. I am here. Loving your blog :)

    Xo Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Your blog is so cute. I'm in a similar situation and can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, I totally feel you. I actually had to take a break from reading blogs because I realized I was getting so envious of other's lives. And the crazy thing was, it was over these people I didn't even know personally. I forget sometimes how easy it is to make your life look glamorous through a blog. It's been refreshing to stop sitting and comparing and to live a bit more fully instead. I love your new blog!

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved