Pages

July 27, 2013

SUMMER READING

As an amateur, I have a mini-library of cookbooks. The following cookbooks have been an awesome foundation for my kitchen skills.   



Here are just a few of my favorite cookbooks. I'll be posting tried and true recipes from some of these books-- stay tuned. 


Order Here

I am pretty sure there are several cookbooks in this series, but I only have this one.  I got it as a wedding gift and have made several recipes. I like this book because it has recipes from dozens of countries and I've loved learning new, authentic dishes. My personal favorite? Skinny Alfredo. 




Order Here
I like this book because it's full of new recipes I've never made, while featuring some good classics. Every recipes is totally vegan, so if that floats your boat, great. I often use real cheese and meat instead of the vegan alternatives listed-- awesome recipes that don't make you feel totally guilty. 



Order Here
If you love cooking or if you have zero experience, this is something you needed to order yesterday. The husband says this cookbook is a feminist's nightmare, but I love it. My mom gave this to me for Christmas a couple years ago and I LOVE it. It's very easy to read, yet allows for advanced modifications to basic recipes. I've pretty much made every recipe in the book and guests, family and husband loves them all. It also has handy lists for essential kitchen tools and things you should always have stocked in your pantry. Buy it.

These are next on my "to-try" list:



Have any of you used these?
Are there other cook books you swear by?

2 comments:

  1. Love Gwenyth's recipes!! You must try some :)

    Love the new look and layout, Steph.

    Been swooning over your wedding pictures so far, can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Gwyneth...dumb auto correct on my phone haha!

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved