Pages

February 20, 2014

BLT-CA: A SANDWICH HE'LL LOVE

I hope your week has been going well. I really do. It's always nice to start the week off with a holiday and I can't believe that tomorrow is Friday! Stay tuned because my first Food-Feature Friday will be coming your way. Woopee.

Last night when I got back from the gym, I started to make dinner and tidy up the place a bit. I found the nice, new pair of shoes I got G for Christmas sticking out from under the couch and I pulled them out to put them away. Low and behold, there was blood stained up around from the soles to the toes.

WHAT? 
Okay, so there wasn't tons of blood. In fact, there was a minimal amount. I am surprised I even noticed.

Being the reactive person I am, I stormed through the office door, cautiously holding his shoes in front of me. After his quick explanation and reassurance that some hydrogen peroxide would undo the dirty, my heart melted a little bit. You are probably all thinking that we are some sick couple, but get this: G helped deliver two, cloned baby calves. One of the little cows, fresh from the womb, stumbled her way over and fell at G's feet. Gross, but also kind of cute, right? That man of mine is quirky, but I love that he's passionate about his work... even though I don't like that it comes home with him sometimes.

Now that I've fully ruined your appetite, here's a quick and easy recipe that everyone is sure to love. I almost made myself a second sandwich after I inhaled my first. I couldn't pass up some bacon at the store yesterday because I know it holds a special place in my husband's heart. Wanting to make something he'd love, I was inspired to grill this up!



BLT-CA
Bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese, & avocado
Serves 2

Go ahead and switch up the amounts of anything and everything in this.
These are my recommendations:

4 pieces of well-done, THICK cut bacon
4 slices bread of your choosing
(my favorite bread to get for sandwiches is Harper's Homemade: Bran. High in fiber,
low in refined grains and made from only a few ingredients, ALL of which I can pronounce)
Lettuce leaves of your choosing
1 globe tomato, sliced
4 oz. sliced sharp cheddar
1 ripe avocado, mashed

While your bacon is crisping to perfection in a skillet, start mashing up your avocado. I like to mash mine until it's pretty smooth-- that way it spreads easily on your toasted bread. Place cooked bacon on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb extra and unnecessary grease. Cool, clean, and re-heat skillet to medium.

Lightly butter two slices of bread and place buttered-side down in your skillet. Top with half the cheese and bacon on each slice. When cheese is melted, remove and plate. Slightly toast other two slices in warm skillet. On your cheese-less slices, smear on a good helping of the avocado. Assemble your sammies atop each cheese/bacon slice with tomatoes, lettuce, and avocado toast.

Drool.

Enjoy. 

What's your favorite twist to a BLT?

Do you have a go-to bread when you shop for groceries?

Any gross stories from your week you wouldn't mind sharing? Again, sorry for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved