Pages

February 10, 2014

DISCLAIMER

*I do not have one of those fancy pants Canon DSLR Rebel ULTRA to the MAX cameras.

I take pictures of my food with my iPhone (gasp!) and so DUH the pictures don't look like this. When you cook, I'm pretty sure you don't tie burlap around your mason jars filled with salad or serve pasta with flags in it. I am an amateur and I want readers to feel like they can make the dishes I post! Raise your hand if you have ever tried to make a recipe and it didn't turn out like the professional picture at all-- I know I have.

*Sometimes I say that the dishes I make are "lighter fare" or "healthy," but let me assure you that someone, somewhere is already sending me a message about how I should use spelt flour or how I shouldn't be using any salt. Somebody is rolling their eyes because I used butter (instead of some fake, processed alternative that has less calories). Someone thinks that I should be using rice syrup or some type of paste instead of a particular ingredient in my recipe.

Oh well.

Here's my motto: Moderation in all things. When I say my recipes are healthy, I mean that I have made adjustments to traditional versions of recipes to make them "better" for you. My opinion of "better for me" means I don't feel guilty after eating it. I don't press my own almond milk, but I use store-bought almond milk often. I won't even be in the same room as Kale chips, but I do make some mean oven dill-fries; however, I will ask questions about how you would change recipes to make them even "better"for us, or how you would make my sweet taco chicken if you don't have Stevia on hand.

*I'm not just going to post recipes. I've decided that I want to blog more and along with my love of cooking comes my love to write. I've made it easy for you to sift through my posts-- just click the live, love, or eat tabs at the top of my page to filter my posts by your desired topic. Woo!

*I get way too excited when people comment. I love your advice and support. I love how technology can connect people in all sorts of interesting ways.

*Sometimes cooking gets pushed aside and I order out. You should, too.


1 comment:

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved