Pages

February 11, 2014

PINK TREATS

Yesterday, I baked.

I made some amazing sugar cookies that have been my favorite at Cutler's, a local favorite from my hometown of Bountiful. Thankfully Si, over at ABountifulKitchen.com, shared their actual recipe... I confess: I tasted the glaze when I made it. And I took a bite of G's cookie. You can't trust a cook who doesn't sample her own product! 



I have lots... anyone want any? 

But seriously, do you?

Tell me what your favorite Valentine treat is-- want to know something totally gross? Conversation hearts are my favorite and I nearly cried when they changed their recipe a couple years ago. An old boyfriend's of mine mother would track down the original Necco brand and get them for me. I wish I could find them now! I could go on and on about Valentine's day treat... Cherry chocolates, cinnamon hearts, cookies, pink wrapped favorites like Laffy Taffy and Reese's. Ugh. Someone help. 

What do you love/hate about Valentine'a day?

Do any of you have a classic, favorite cookie recipe? 

4 comments:

  1. Umm..I wouldn't complain if you brought one to Miss USU for me. ;) They look soo, soo good! Sugar cookies are definitely a weakness of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so glad you posted this. I miss Cutler's cookies, especially this time of year. I will have to make some cookies this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look amazing! I wish I could bake. you seem to be a pro!

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, a good sugar cookie is the ultimate for me...way to stay strong on this holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved