Pages

February 17, 2014

HAPPY PRESIDENT'S DAY & EGGS

Greg and I have spent the weekend in Davis county visiting our parents and are beyond happy to have today off work and school. Here's a quick recap of our weekend: 

Saturday I made a trip past my gym for measurement and a pep talk from my trainer. I was pleasantly surprised to have dropped in body fat % (But, maintaining weight! Yay for lifting!) and even more surprised when I was told it was okay to quit my quitting sugar. I will write more about that experience later, but basically I made it 5 weeks with no sugar. No fructose. No treats. No fruits. 8-week detox fail, but experimental sugar-cleanse success! I definitely will stay off refined sugars and feel stronger against my sugar addiction, but I just didn't see as many changes as I would have liked to. 

Later that evening, Greg and ventured to my old stomping grounds to chaperone the Viewmont High Valentine's Dance. It was absolutely fun and I am proud to finally say that all my high school memories aren't full of heart-ache;) I went to a high school dance with Greg! On our way out, we noticed that our car got egged. Seriously? What a mess. 

Sunday was an easy-going day that ended with some nice catching up with G's family and selfies from our cutie niece. 


We tried to wash the egg off our car last night, but alas, we had waited to long. I need a spackle knife...

In honor of our weekend, I made G some scrambled eggs this morning with whatever I found laying around my parents kitchen. Onions, bell-pepper, cheese... All with fresh eggs from the chickens out back. 


Eat something tastey toda on your day off! I am headed to watch me some Olympics.


How do you like your eggs?

Have any god high school dance stories? 

What are your plans for your President's Day break?

1 comment:

  1. i hope whoever egged your car gets bit by karma. that's seriously the worst prank. we had some boys egg our college apartment when i was single and it took hours of scrubbing to get it all off.

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved